Advice needed please about badly installed double glazing
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dee s
Labourer
Labourer

Advice needed please about badly installed double glazing

by dee s » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:47 pm

HI guys

I am looking for some advice, I had got double glazing installed last July and paid up all the money as all seemed well. However since then we have noticed draughts through the windows such as the net curtains moving about the same way they did beore the new windows, the sound insulation doesnt seem to be very good either. In the bedroom I can feel cold on the side of my face towards the windows.
The company has sent people out a couple of times and the guy admitted that the contractors seemed to have rushed the job, the patio door had dropped already but they then repaired it.
I spoke to fensa but they say I need to follow the complaints procedure of the company before they can do anything.
How do I know though how bad the job actually is? A mate suggested I should hold a lighter against the windows and the flame shoudn't flicker at all, even on a windy day, is that true?
I'd appreciate any feedback and ideas.

Thanx

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice needed please about badly installed double glazin

by welsh brickie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:49 am

if your still getting no satisfaction from the company and the problems persist,Contact the local building control officer at the council ,based on his assesment, you can then contact fensa, they will present an independant surveyors report,which the company will have to remedy.If they dont then you can take them to court.

dee s
Labourer
Labourer

by dee s » Sun May 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have contacted the council and they say they cannot get involed as drafts and poor sound insulation isn't a buildings regs issue, and fensa are saying the same suggesting I should go back to the installers.
How do I prove though that the windows are badly installed as they look ok but issue with the drafts but only on windy days, so it isn't contant.

FenSurvey
Labourer
Labourer

by FenSurvey » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi, if you think you have been mis-sold any type of glazed or cladded product or you feel you have been provided with substandard materials or installation, we at FenSurvey provide full unbiased reports to evaluate these sometimes worrying situations.
We also cater for the commercial sector giving quality assurance across the board.
Another service we provide is a full measuring service for those looking for supply only.
Please see our website for details... Fensurvey.co.uk

RichJohnson
Labourer
Labourer

by RichJohnson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:45 pm

Have you considered tightening the treadfast screws? They should be in the corners.
If not, you can buy some and screw them in; it should pull the glass fast to the sides.
Try EJOT.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:36 pm