Advice on new boilers!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paulo83
Apprentice
Apprentice

Advice on new boilers!

by Paulo83 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi there,im new to this site and im a heating engineer. Just wanted to offer my opinion on which boilers to avoid and which ones to go for. I dont know much about the warranties etc, but i do know about the reliability which is obviously v important.

Best Boilers :wink: : Vokera Linea HE, Vokera Compact, Worcestor greenstar(expensive though), Alphas are not bad but are known for leaks.

Average(not good but there are far worse still: Ideal Icos/Isar/Mexico, Gloworm hxi/cxi, Vailliant(very expensive and over complicated)

Worst: Stay away from BAXI!!! The new solo's and suprimas are so bad!!!:evil: Buderus,Intermittant faults common on these which eng's struggle to sort and can be costly,

I think most engineers will tend to agree with me :wink:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:25 pm

I agree there's good boilers and bad boilers, I would never recommend an Alpha and wouldn't condemn - but wouldn't recommend Ideal.

I work on alot and have installed Baxi's 80e 105e 105HE and Potterton Promax. Don't have many problems with them, the problems you do have are easy to repair.

They are easy to work on, which reduces labour costs, reasonable prices for spare parts. They are also reasonably priced to purchase.

In my opinion you cant beat the 80e and 105e models. For user friendliness, labour and parts cost. Keeping customer and Heating Engineer happy. Most parts can be replaced within 15 - 20 mins (excluding main diverter and pressure vessel).

ollie83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie83 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:25 am

Im also in the heating trade and have to disagree with you. Vaillant, Worcester and Keston are the boilers i would put top of my list. Baxi and potterton are easy to work on and parts are ok. ideal can be tuff to change parts on. Alpha are not great and nether are Vokera. As years go by my preference changes but today this is how it stands.

Paulo83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Paulo83 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:20 pm

Kestons? Going by the keston celsius, i wouldnt touch a keston with a barge pole. The promax and 80e are decent enough.
Also must mention ferroli's and saunier duval's, which are mince.

But my worst boiler of all time is the baxi genesis. oh dear, i hope i never come across one ever again.

ollie83
Apprentice
Apprentice

by ollie83 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:17 am

sauiner duval keep us all in business. what a heap. hopefuly Vaillant will have a good effect on them.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:35 pm