Advice on Replacing A Sink and Basin and Taps
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Hightime

Advice on Replacing A Sink and Basin and Taps

by Hightime » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Hello all,

I need to replace individual hot and cold water taps on the kitchen sink and bathroom basin with mixer taps. I need to have the sink and basin changed to do this, how exactly do I make sure I get the right sink and basin before I call the plumber in to fit them? Is it just simply measuring the current size of each and getting a similar sized replacement? I ask because I know hardly anything about DIY and can bet I will miss something important out or get the wrong thing in.

Thank you.

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Advice on Replacing A Sink and Basin and Taps

by collectors » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:54 pm

There are too many variables. You would be better getting the plumber around & let him get the new parts. The sinks " especially the kitchen one" has only a
5-8 mm lip & needs to be measured very carefully. Taps will depend on what hot & cold water system you have in the house to know what choice of tap to buy. IE: Gravity or pressurised.

Hightime

Re: Advice on Replacing A Sink and Basin and Taps

by Hightime » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:55 pm

collectors wrote:There are too many variables. You would be better getting the plumber around & let him get the new parts. The sinks " especially the kitchen one" has only a
5-8 mm lip & needs to be measured very carefully. Taps will depend on what hot & cold water system you have in the house to know what choice of tap to buy. IE: Gravity or pressurised.

I was thinking that is the safest bet too. Thank you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:06 pm