Advice on SDS Drill and How Much Power Should I be Looking for?

Postby colinuk1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:49 pm

Hi guys, I need to buy an SDS drill specifically for a couple of small projects. 1) Putting shelves up in a concrete walled garage, 2) fitting wooden posts to a masonry sided patio. Checking out the deals at Screwfix, There is one at under 50 quid, which gets decent reviews, but, at 850w - is it powerful enough to do what I want, or do I need the next one up (1500) ? As mentioned, it's specifically for these projects and I wont be neededing it demolition tasks or anything too demanding!

Here's the one in question.Many thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-enb465drh-corded-sds-plus-drill-230-240v/63303
colinuk1
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby Sometimewoodworker » Thu May 03, 2018 6:31 am

colinuk1 wrote:Hi guys, I need to buy an SDS drill specifically for a couple of small projects. 1) Putting shelves up in a concrete walled garage, 2) fitting wooden posts to a masonry sided patio. Checking out the deals at Screwfix, There is one at under 50 quid, which gets decent reviews, but, at 850w - is it powerful enough to do what I want, or do I need the next one up (1500) ? As mentioned, it's specifically for these projects and I wont be neededing it demolition tasks or anything too demanding!

Here's the one in question.Many thanks in advance for any help.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-enb465drh-corded-sds-plus-drill-230-240v/63303

Yes and if it breaks you have 1 year guarantee anyway
Sometimewoodworker
Progress to next rank:
94.7%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!