air admittance valve not accessible
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
vikir99
Labourer
Labourer

air admittance valve not accessible

by vikir99 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Hi, I've recently had an air admittance valve fitted behind my shower, they had to cut a hole in my bathroom wall to access the soil stack, I've noticed it says this should be accessible in case of problems/servicing but once they have repaired the hole in the wall it won't be.
Want to check it is ok before they close it all back up, presuming its not safe not to have one fitted as it caused damp from the condensation & mould & smells which was why they cut the hole in the first place!!???

Any advice great!!

plastic_man77
Ganger
Ganger

by plastic_man77 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 pm

@ vikir99

I'd always follow manufacturer's instructions wherever possible for best results, but sometimes, normally due to cost and reasons of inconvenience, it's not always possible. As long as it's not illegal, then do what you have to do.

Where is your shower-room- is it upstairs in a semi for instance? If it is, why can't the stack be extended in to the loft space and have an admittence valve fitted there? Or, extend straight through the roof and terminate it in the traditional way.

If the above aren't options to you and your plumber can't see another solution without you having to spend large sums of money, then you will be just as well patching up your wall and forgetting about (If this is how it was done before?), unless of course, you can live without your shower?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 pm