Air Brick inflow Access ?
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Strudle
Labourer
Labourer

Air Brick inflow Access ?

by Strudle » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:46 pm

Hi All,

Is there a Reg or a Liability regarding a minimum distance of access to allow airflow into an airbrick (from the outside that is) ?

To expand a bit ...
... my neighbour is adapting the back part of his garage.
He wants to install 4 airbricks on my side of his garage wall (his wall) which forms the edge of the boundary.
He has already put in 4 airbricks on the opposite wall of his garage

So what I would like to know is that by allowing him to position these airbricks where he wants facing onto my property, how does this affect my use of my property?

Do building regs say something like
' there must be free space of a minimum distance of x cms/metres to allow for adequate inward airflow' ?

Of course the problem is that his brickies have knocked holes in the garage wall from his side onto my side without asking me if they are acceptable in that position, as opposed to being a metre the other way.

If he had asked I would have said - not there please for that one, the other 3 airbricks are ok but do that particular airbrick a metre to the right where it has no possibility of affecting any use of my property.

I can't understand these people who just do things without thinking about the impact on there neighbours.

Anyway, is there a minimum intake access distance or liability such as restricting me to any future extension developments I might want to do, which might be restricted by these being within a certain distance to an airbrick ?

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Strudle.
"is there a minimum intake access distance" - none that I know of.
Why not just talk to your neighbour and ask to have the offending airbrick moved.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1