All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Snap
Labourer
Labourer

Air lock help

by Snap » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:12 am

hi,

I changed the bathroom mixer shower tap. I turned off the tap by the cold water tap in the loft to stop the flow of water. After i changed the mixer tap and reopend the tap in the loft, there warm water started flowing ok however im barely getting any cold water in the bath mixer tap and the basin mixer tap is only putting out hot water and no cold water at all. The kitchen sink cold water has a good flow with good pressure so im guessing i have a huge air lock in the system.

With the bath having a mixer tap and the basin also a mixer tap, i dont know how to get rid of the air lock. Any ideas or help?

Thanks.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

by TheDoctor4 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:32 am

Hi

Have you had a look at the DIY projects area of this site, particularly the project on "Curing an air lock": https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm This may be of some help to you.

Regards

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:39 pm

are we saying the valve in the loft controls the cold water to the bath and basin and nothing else,if so the valve may the problem
bob

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:44 pm

Is the cold water to the bathroom tank fed, from the explanation it does seems this is the case. Is the cold water storage tank full, ball valve not stuck ?

Open the cold tap in the bathroom, insert a piece of hose into the outlet from the tank then attache the other end to the spout on the ball valve, lower the ball valve by hand and see if the water from the ball valve going down the hose will clear any airlocks.

Alternatively back fill from tap using a hose, but will have to be from mains cold water, electric shower ?

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:35 pm