Air Vent Removal and Should Electrical Wires be Removed or Capped?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jonoaskew
Labourer
Labourer

Air Vent Removal and Should Electrical Wires be Removed or Capped?

Post by jonoaskew » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi folks,

First post here and needing some help if that's ok?

I'm looking to remove an electric air vent from our downstairs toilet. The previous owners stated they used to have a shower in there, but this was removed by them and we have no need for one.

We are looking to renovate it though and as it's a bit of an eye-sore and lets in a lot of draft, I wanted to remove it. The vent is still hooked up to the electrics, although it doesn't actually work.

Upon removal of the vent, the wires are embedded in the wall and run across the window. I don't really want to pull the wites out of the wall as this will be a messy job if I can avoid it.

So, my question, is there a way that I can remove the vent and cap the wires off somehow before filling in the hole after removing the vent's fascia? Would I need a qualified sparky to do this or this a pretty easy fix?

I've included some pictures to hopefully give you a better idea of what I mean.

Appreciate any help on this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Air Vent Removal and Should Electrical Wires be Removed or Capped?

Post by ericmark » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm

It is likely supplied from ceiling rose and if disconnected at supply side then no real problem. Other wise it needs some thing to show what it is, a plate is enough but has to be visible if still live.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:53 pm