Airlock in the Flat or the Building but no Knocking When Water is off?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Sh1985
Labourer
Labourer

Airlock in the Flat or the Building but no Knocking When Water is off?

Post by Sh1985 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:03 am

Evening all,

I have an airlock problem, I believe. I live in an apartment and have had a slowly worsening knock coming through the mains water supply to the place for the last few months.

When water is off to the flat there is no knock at all, using the valve in the flat to isolate it.

When water is on there’s a knock unrelated to my use of water - it happens mostly if not only when I’m not using any water.

I’ve found no leaks. So far I’ve isolated the flat and run all the taps dry, but this seems to happen instantly as I suspect the pump on the flat side of the isolation valve senses the lack of pressure? I haven’t drained the electric hot water boiler, any appliances or the salt water softener I had installed 5yrs ago. Doing this did not help.

Is anyone with any experience (I’m the hospital sort of Dr and pretty useless at this stuff), is it possible to identify whether the problem lies within my flat or the building itself? One requires a plumber or more dedicated draining, the other needs a call to the management company I suppose?

Many thanks for your help,

S.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:13 pm