Alarm cables in loft
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
danieljoe
Labourer
Labourer

Alarm cables in loft

Post by danieljoe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:02 am

While reinsulating loft and laying flooring, we have come across some burglar alarm cables which go to the PIR sensors. These cables are all tangled together due to a poor, quick installation and are also interweaving with lighting circuit cables.

The two cables join together above the ceiling then come down one of the walls. The join is sealed with electrical tape.

I know that if i take apart the tape and detatch the cables, my alarm's tamper function will kick in and the alarm will go off. Can i then switch off the alarm how i would normally do so and then reconnect the wires correctly???

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would call in the person who fitted the alarm however they seem to have gone out of business.

Thanks,
D

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Sorry to try and help you on this would also help anyone wanting to by pass the alarm for theft so we can't really answer this question.

danieljoe
Labourer
Labourer

Post by danieljoe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 pm

hehe, figured that might be the response... could you not PM me or something? its quite clear that i live in the house...

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

Post by stevenc1603 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 pm

You should be able to silence the tamper alarm with your usual code.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:42 pm