All but 2 Radiators heating !!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Walesy
Labourer
Labourer

All but 2 Radiators heating !!

by Walesy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:54 pm

Hi

Reasonably suddenly, a radiator in the (upstairs) bathroom and one in the (downstairs) dining room are not heating up. I have bled both.

All other radiators are working very well. I've tried turning some off to see if this would do anything, but no !!

Is there any other simplistic checks I can do to see why this is happening ?

(Combi boiler within one year new installed and system flushed etc at that time).

Many thanks.

Robin.

roger196
Ganger
Ganger

by roger196 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:10 pm

Start with the obvious.
1 Is the lockshield valve open. Make a note of its position before moving it.
2 Take head off TRV and check central pin moves up and down. This does not involve disconneting TRV body from rad.
Otherwise you have an airlock in the pipes to the 2 rads. Turn off all other rads except one working rad and one of the non working rads. The CH pump should force out the airlock. Once the first non rad is working, open the second non working rad and close the first non working rad.
I have assumed that the two non working rads are not heating up at all as oppose to having a cold area either top or bottom.

Walesy
Labourer
Labourer

by Walesy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:57 am

Thanks.

Bit confused about (1) & (2) but anyway.....not DIY minded !!

I take it the radiators should be closed etc when the heating is on - I expect this is a very dumb question !!???

How long should this take to clear (should it just be air) in the system - Standard semi detached with 8 radiators ??

Thanks.

Walesy
Labourer
Labourer

by Walesy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:03 pm

Hi

Now have the downstairs one working, but the small (last) radiator with no temp control valve is still stone cold after trying every working one only on with it !!

Does anyone have any more suggestions ??

Many thanks.

Robin.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1