Alternative to Silicon Wood Filler for Door Frame
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bells36
Labourer
Labourer

Alternative to Silicon Wood Filler for Door Frame

Post by Bells36 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:45 am

Hi, Hope this is the right place to post this -

We're very nearly at the end of a very tiresome refurb of our downstairs area. As you can see from the photos, our builder has used Silicon wood filler where the floor meets the door-frame and his reasoning is that any hard (setting type) wood filler would crack as you go through a year with the changes in humidity as the floor moves.

I think what he has done looks horrendous and I'm not happy with it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can make it look better?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gc1967
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Alternative to Silicon Wood Filler for Door Frame

Post by gc1967 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:10 pm

Dont mean to be rude but if that was my builder I would have asked him to leave, the laminate flooring should have been scribed and gone under the architrave. To me the finish is unacceptable and I would ask him to re do it, he could have taken of the architraves laid the floor then put the architraves back on, there should be no need for filling. Options he redoes the floor properly, you try and find a deeper architrave that will come out from the wall and hide some of the filler or at least he should have used a filler ie beech that matches the floor not just bog standard wood filler.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 pm