DIY Doctor

Main navigation

American sink in a British plumbing system

Postby neopyrrhus » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:33 am

Hi, I've found a great sink. But, it's from a US company, so the sink waste connector is imperial. My worry is that if I buy this wonderful sink I wont be able to connect it up to the waste plumbing in my bathroom.

More details.... It's a top mounted glass bowl vessel. The bare glassware has a waste hole that is 1 3/4 inches wide. I can buy the bare glass vessel, but it has a round bottom so I feel that I should also buy the mounting kit, which is basically a pop-up waste with an integrated concave support to hold the sink bowl securly on the mounting surface. But the thread on the sink outlet is American standard...

So is there some sort of adapter that can be used to connect the outflow to a metric UK plumbing system? Hope somone can offer some advice?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:19 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics