DIY Doctor

An Easy Distressed Wall Skim or Plaster?

Postby JamesWalker » Sat May 13, 2017 2:08 pm

Hello all,
I'm looking for some suggestions for an easy (and preferably cheap-ish) way to give a couple of kitchen walls (two, each of about 3x3m) a new finish.

The state of the walls isn't very good, with two different levels emerging after I had stripped the walls of old paint the best I could. (see photos, I roughly painted yellow just as a short-term solution last autumn)

I would like to re-cover both walls completely with a new layer of something which will look ok, giving a kind of slightly distressed finish, the kind you might typically see in a cafe or bar.. I'm hoping there's some kind of plaster I can skim with and maybe give a bit of patterning or distressing to, before finally painting again.

If you wish to recommend specifically-named products, please consider that I live outside the UK/US (Italy actually) so the brands you are familiar with may not be available here. In this case could you give the generic product description (or composition) as well as the brand name you know.
Thanks for any forthcoming advice.
kitchen wall pic2.jpg
kitchen wall sample 2
kitchen pic resized1.jpg
wall condition around wall socket
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 1:41 pm


DIY asbestos test kits

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics