DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Anchoring decking subframe on flat balcony with waterproofing layer

Postby mech_man » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:45 am

Hello,

I am in the process of planning to install decking subframe in this balcony in a multi-storey block and would like some advise/tips on how to anchor the joist down to the floor, please.
The flat floor of the balcony has a layer of waterproofing insulation on top and I am not sure what the best way is to secure the timber joists without damaging the insulation? I have attached some photo of the area as well and would appreciate any help or advice on this please.
Attachments
resized-image-Promo (2).jpeg
resized-image-Promo (1).jpeg
resized-image-Promo.jpeg
mech_man
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:47 pm

Hi mech_man,
No need to secure the joists, lay them out and fix decking boards to them, start with one each end of the joists.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby mech_man » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:09 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi mech_man,
No need to secure the joists, lay them out and fix decking boards to them, start with one each end of the joists.
Regards S

Hello Stoneyboy,

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of using some constructive glue as well but someone else also suggested just fixing the boards to the subframe and putting some noggings as well so I might try that.
mech_man
Progress to next rank:
15.8%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!