Angle Bead Querey??
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
d4rr3n
Apprentice
Apprentice

Angle Bead Querey??

by d4rr3n » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:05 am

Hi All,

I'm new here so I guess a chance to say hi to everyone.

Anyway hope you guys can help, i'm in the process of skimming my lounge walls, and just to add that its my 1st time to plaster too :D, kind of enjoying plastering as my attempts seem quite smooth . Anyway I've fitted some angle beads to some external corners round the chimney breast, but was just wondering do you guys skim over the whole angle bead or do you leave the bead/shoulder proud so that the metal shows?? Hope this makes sense :?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:15 pm

d4rr3n,
Use the angle bead corner to form the nose - don't plaster over it. If you have an older property use stainless angle bead - the galvanised stuff is cheap and nasty and will rust quickly if there is any damp around.
end

d4rr3n
Apprentice
Apprentice

by d4rr3n » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:22 am

[quote="stoneyboy"]d4rr3n,
Use the angle bead corner to form the nose - don't plaster over it. If you have an older property use stainless angle bead - the galvanised stuff is cheap and nasty and will rust quickly if there is any damp around.
end[/quote]

Stoneyboy cheers for the advice. This will make it a lot easier knowing that i dont have to plaster/skim over the actual tip of the bead. i guess this would be the same when using stop beads?

Thanks.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:35 am