Angle Grinder vs Oscillating Multi Tool for Removing TV Wall Bracket
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sameerp
Labourer
Labourer

Angle Grinder vs Oscillating Multi Tool for Removing TV Wall Bracket

by sameerp » Mon May 04, 2015 6:27 am

Hi all

Would like some advice on selecting the best tool (and any other tips oc completing the job in the best way are welcome)

Just purchased a house. Previous owners has places Solid wall anchors to hold TV barcket,. Im not able to remove the anchors from the wall. So want to cut them off. Also assume i will need to grind the anchors after the cut to get them below wall level, so i can fill over them.

Im about to invest in a tool to do the job.

Is an angle grinder best for the job? I know it can cut and grind metal.
OR
Could an oscilating multi tool Complete the job just as well. I know they can cut metal, but can they also grind metal?

Considering a multi tool as i feel its likely i would use it more, but first and foremost need to cut, grind the anchors and fill over them

See pic attached.
Attachments
ANCHORS.jpg
ANCHORS.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 4091 times

sameerp
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Angle Grinder vs Oscillating Multi Tool for Removing TV Wall Bracket

by sameerp » Thu May 14, 2015 4:47 pm

So answered my own question, in case it helps someone in the future.

Angle grinder would not have cut close enough without making a big mess of the wall (i think anyway)
Oscillating multi tool could cut, but not grind below the surface.

Instead bought a dremel tool dremel 3000. - rotating multi tool
Fast clic cutting discs to cut the bolts close to the wall, and then a grindstone attachement to grind the bolts just below the surface. Followed by nail varnish on the bolts to prevent rust, before filling over and painting.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:21 pm