Another central heating problem.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
MDDA
Labourer
Labourer

Another central heating problem.

by MDDA » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 am

:( Hi Guys & ladies,

I have a standard heating system with a Baxi solo2 50 PF boiler. Arrived home last night and no hot water or heating. Boiler seems fine, pilot light, fan and main burner all seem to work and correct lights showing. 3 port valve is working correctly, Thermostat working and pump seems to be moving around. Just no heat, can't feel any warmth in the pipes anywhere.

I am an enthusiastic DIY er, who can tackle most things and have been, with the boiler, in the past. (Fans, PCB, 3 port valve and the like). The boiler is serviced annually.

Can anybody help/ suggest a possible problem. I am heading for a new PCB at this time, but am not convinced.

regards MDDA

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:57 am

If the pilot, burner, pump, and 3 port valve are all working then where's the heat going ?

If all the above working correctly, it's not a PCB fault.

htg

MDDA
Labourer
Labourer

by MDDA » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi, htg engineer
Had another look this morning. The pilot light is working, the fan is working, but the burner is not lighting, although the light says it is. So no heat.

I have checked the the burn injector is clear. I do not have the tools or knowledge to check the gas pressure.

was considering adjusting gas regulator adjuster.

I think I am at the point of calling an engineer in.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks for coming back.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:00 am

Please don't mess with that, get a tame RGI called the Stig :wink:

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm

Don't attempt to alter the gas pressures, If the fan runs but the sequence doesn't go any further, it may be the air pressure switch at fault. If it's electronic ignitionand the pilot lights but the main burner doesn't - is there power to the gas valve ? yes ? solenoid at fault.

htg

avni0765
Labourer
Labourer

by avni0765 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Hi,

please can you advise me recently i have turned on only the hot water switch, but strangly i find that the radiator in the bathroom and 1 of the bedrooms heats up, could you possible let me know why this is

many thanks

mina

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:51 am

avni - start your own post, as your question will be missed by many as MDDA's has been answered.

Plus need alot more info, boiler make and model, type of system etc.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1