Another question about garage wiring
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
David2805
Labourer
Labourer

Another question about garage wiring

Post by David2805 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:33 pm

Sorry to waste your time with another dumb question about Part P, but this year I replaced the ancient fused isolator in my detached garage with a new RCD/MCB unit for the socket and lighting circuits. I then went on to replace the old exposed wiring, putting it in plastic conduit. I had assumed that as it was replacement work not in a kitchen or bathroom, this wouldn't come under Part P, but going through this forum today I've got a horrible feeling that I'm mistaken.

Could someone please confirm how I stand, and if I've landed myself in the mire how do I get out of it?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Another question about garage wiring

Post by BLAKEY1963 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:16 am

[quote="David2805"]Sorry to waste your time with another dumb question about Part P, but this year I replaced the ancient fused isolator in my detached garage with a new RCD/MCB unit for the socket and lighting circuits. I then went on to replace the old exposed wiring, putting it in plastic conduit. I had assumed that as it was replacement work not in a kitchen or bathroom, this wouldn't come under Part P, but going through this forum today I've got a horrible feeling that I'm mistaken.

Could someone please confirm how I stand, and if I've landed myself in the mire how do I get out of it?[/quote]

DAVID2805
YES IT IS PART P NOTIFIABLE.
U MIGHT B LUCKY 2 GET A PART P SPARKY 2 CHECK
WAT U HAVE DONE BY DOING A PERIODIC INSPECTION
ON THE WORK.
ANY REMEADIAL WORK THEN HE COULD DO.

BLAKEY1963

David2805
Labourer
Labourer

Post by David2805 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks for the reply. Hopefuly I've got enough other jobs coming up to get an electrician on side.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 pm