any advice on this problem plz
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jamesqwerty
Labourer
Labourer

any advice on this problem plz

by jamesqwerty » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:15 pm

hi al,

wondering if any1 can tell me...

i live in a brick with cavity house, kithcen has a solid concrete floor( elsewhere is a suspended timber floor, u stil can see the air bricks around the property), and cold water feed burst in my kitchen, in oct 08, gt if fixed in oct 08 (think this burst has been like tht for awhile with the amount of damage there is to the external wall).....ive waited for it to dry before i put the units bak up with a dehumidifier in for around a month.......ive had a moister meter in to see how damp it stil is, and it seems to be reading very high stil (999) in places on the solid plaserboard finish to the external wall, between 300-800mm up from the base of the wall running along the pipe, small areas of salt build up to external walls (although its all around the property, not just located directly adjacent to internal damp)

1.is this stil off the burst pipe? what else could it be?

2. If its something else causeing this defect, how can i investigate further?

3. how long does it take for a brick cavity wall to return to acceptable levels of moister?

cheers for any help

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:03 pm

jamesqwerty,
Once a masonry wall is soaked I would expect it to take 3 months for it to dry out properly in warm weather and with a de-humidifier. Wait until the summer and keep using the de-humidifier.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm