Any Idea as to Why the Roof Would Drop in my Bedroom?
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bertf86
Labourer
Labourer

Any Idea as to Why the Roof Would Drop in my Bedroom?

by bertf86 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong area of the site to ask this question.

I recently purchased my first house & I am currently making some changes, prior to decorating & I was just wondering if anyone may have any ideas as to why the roof drops just off centre of the room (I understand it could be a multitude of things, but was wondering if anyone had experience of this kind of setup before).

I have done the good old knock on the wall trick & it sounds hollow all the way along, however it would be rather random that it would be empty. is my best bet to find if there is anything behind it a studfinder?

I have attached a picture below to allow you to see what I am talking about.

Any help & ideas into the easiest way to look in to it would be greatly appreciated

thedoctor

Re: Any Idea as to Why the Roof Would Drop in my Bedroom?

by thedoctor » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:58 pm

The most obvious explaination would be that this is some kind of (retrospective fit) cable or pipe duct. Is there a bathroom extension or similar at either end of the boxing? Has central heating been changed or added since the place was built?

Think along these lines and explore both "end" of the boxing and you may find the answer. Failing that the only alternative is to take a section out and have a look behind.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:30 am