DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Any Ideas on Sourcing Moulding Wooden Finger Plates

Postby h1ddendanger » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi folks

I am making my own wooden finger plates for brass light switches and sockets like these: ... y-1-finish)/c/1000124)

The switches/sockets are to sit proud of the wall on the inside rim of the wooden finger plate - similar to those in the link below (but not the same, in that those in the link just place around the switch - the ones i am making will sit underneath the switch/socket:) ... 160%2C160_

My problem is where can i get moulding like the one in the 2nd link? i've looked in a couple of DIY chains but can't see anything the same and I'm not exactly sure what it's called? is it a moulding? a bead? or just picture frame wood? I want bare wood if possible as I want to stain them to match my wooden doors.

can anyone point me in the right direction of where to source this and what is the correct name for it?

many thanks
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:04 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics