Any recommendations for a cheap combi boiler?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
fix
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any recommendations for a cheap combi boiler?

by fix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Hi i live in a 2 bedroom terrace which has one boiler for hot water and one for central heating,they are both twenty years old not very good and are costing a fortune to run!

Im hoping in a couple of months to replace these for one combi boiler,if i can afford maybe a condenser

Im guessing as my house is relatively small and i have 6 radiators a 24kw boiler will do fine

But i am on a budget and want to spend as little as possible but still want a reliable and efficient boiler

Ive see quite a few combi boilers on ebay for around the £450 price range some that condense and some that dont,and all come with atleast a 15 month guarantee.

Can anyone advise me of a decent boiler around that sort of price range?

Thanks!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:30 pm

MAIN are cheap and are bascially a Baxi boiler, remember you get what you pay for.

You cant legally fit anything but a condensing boiler now

dodgepott
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dodgepott » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:38 pm

I agree with htg engineer.Main are ok. if you go with a good named brand you will get after sales back up.

fix
Apprentice
Apprentice

by fix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Many thanks for that ive seen a few at the £450 sort of price range

Yes i agre with alot of stuff you get what you pay for i always try to find the best i can for the price range i can afford!

So from what ive read Baxi/Main are a brand to trust?

fix
Apprentice
Apprentice

by fix » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Thanks for the reply

Yes i agree with alot of things you get what you pay for! But if i can find a quality product at a price i can afford im all for it!

Ive had a look at Baxi/Main and they seem very reasonable at the £550 mark for a 25 kwh output

I take it these are a trusted brand that can be relied on? cheers :D

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Baxi boilers are cheaper to buy and cheaper for parts compared to other manufacturers. And if installed correctly and well maintained will last as long.

They're also well designed for maintenance - evrything is accessible and this saves on labour time and labour costs.

fix
Apprentice
Apprentice

by fix » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Looks like Baxi it is then! Thanks for the info :D

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1