Anyone know which thermostatic cartridge is required?
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BigIdeas
Labourer
Labourer

Anyone know which thermostatic cartridge is required?

Post by BigIdeas » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:22 pm

I'm having trouble replacing a stuck thermostatic cartridge on a shower bar mixer, it looks like (and probably is) the deva lincoln model (linked below):

1. Does anyone know the right cartridge model (can I get it on amazon/hardware store)?
2. and removal tool (or advice) to remove and replace the cartridge?

https://www.toolstation.com/deva-lincol ... lve/p86992

I've done my youtube homework, taken the bar mixer off, cleaned everything else, tried to remove it, soaked and scrubbed with a little vinegar used wrenches etc. and it won't budge and the shower still doesn't change from being scorching hot.

Any help much appreciated, it'd help the waking-up-in-a-new-flat-feeling feel a little more satisfying!

ps. I know a replacement is cheap enough, but hopefully, it'd save a few quid and I hate wastefully throwing away stuff that can be fixed......and it'd be better for my ego if I wasn't defeated by the shower.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Anyone know which thermostatic cartridge is required?

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:49 pm

Hi bigideas,
It’s just not worth repairing, once the thermostatic coils are scaled up, getting them to work correctly is a nightmare.
Regards S

BigIdeas
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Anyone know which thermostatic cartridge is required?

Post by BigIdeas » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. Not quite what I was hoping for but very useful. Much appreciated!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:03 pm