Applying 4 planning permission b4 existing permission starts
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Alan T
Apprentice
Apprentice

Applying 4 planning permission b4 existing permission starts

by Alan T » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:02 pm

I am renovating a 200 year old unlisted property and have planning permission for a substantial extention joined onto one side of the property. I have not started the extention yet (other than having slab down) but wish to apply for permission to convert the loft, fitting dormers/roof lights in the existing building.
My concern is that if the application is rejected, I then lose my existing permission for the extention. The local planning dept. cannot give me a straight answer. The property is not overlooked and I cannot foresee planning being a problem, but obviously cannot be sure. This problem would be avoided if I completed the extention first, but this does not fit in with my financial planning, given the current economic circumstances

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Alan

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gasmick » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 pm

hi i thought that as from 1st oct 2008 planning permision is not req for loft covertions and can be up to 50 m3
i understand that you will only req building regs

mick

Alan T
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Alan T » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Hi Mick,

Hadn't heard that! Good news if correct!

Many thanks for your post.

Alan

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:33 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1