DIY Doctor

Aqualla Brassware - any experience/opinions?

Postby cannibalwombat » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:48 am

Hi there!

My wife and I are just about to start a load of renovation work on our house. Included in that is building and fitting a new bathroom.

We've been going round the houses trying to get recommendations for good quality brands that don't bust the bank! We've had some personal recommendations for Grohe/Hansgrohe stuff. However setting up with their stuff to our particular spec (i.e. a 3 outlet shower system including a rainshower, handheld and overflow filler, all concealed) is proving very expensive with those brands (£1000+).

One of the guys in our local trade centre has recommended Aqualla (aka Aqualla Brassware). A company based in Ireland and which seems to be relatively new. He said they're good quality, reliable and have been selling well recently. They have the exact set-up we want for just over £400 - less than half what we'd have to pay pricing up parts from Grohe/Hansgrohe/HighLife etc.

Trouble is, I can't really find any reviews about Aqualla online and none of our friends/family have heard of them.

Does anyone here have any experience of this brand? Any recommendations, or indeed cautionary tales?
cannibalwombat
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:40 pm

Hi cannibalwombat
From experience no matter what make you buy there is always the possibility of problems with the product. Ok, some have a better quality reputation than others but if we endorse a particular make you may get a lemon. So you are unlikely to get a recommendation from us.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!