DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Architects Professional Indemnity Insurance

Postby KitchenExtension » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:35 pm

Does any one know how much professional indemnity insurance one would expect a RIBA Architect to carry to project manage single storey kitchen extension 20 sq.m from start to finish?

A reputable local contact has recommended an architect who is now setting up on her own to do residential projects such as this. All is looking good except I am not confident she has as yet put in place the correct level of Professional Indemnity Insurance as it has been suggested £30K cover is adequate, which seems very low to me?

Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:26 pm

Postby julie1964 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:41 am

That seems very low to me, it basically means if anything happens to your home you can only claim up to 30k. Most extensions (depending on what you are having) will be over 30k, and that doesn't cover the cost of your actually home. I most certainly wouldn't use. As a professional you would expect them to know the importance of insurance.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:06 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics