Ariston boiler problems.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
donmac
Labourer
Labourer

Ariston boiler problems.

by donmac » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 am

I had a new heating system installed 1 year a go and have never been entirely happy with it. From the start the system lost pressure fairly quickly. This was checked & something to do with the prv was replaced or adjusted. I was not there at the time so cannot be certain what was done. The problem has come come back again and the expansion vessel was re pressurised. The pipework to the radiators was checked ok for leaks but I am still losing pressure daily and there is water dripping to the outside.
The boiler is an ariston CLAS HE . Can anyone tell me what more I can do and if the ariston is a reliable boiler? Also noticed downstairs radiators are colder at the bottom. Is that related to the pressure problem?......thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:01 pm

If it's leaking outside, check the system pressure - if above 3bar drop to 1.5 and make sure the combi fill is disconnected. If the pressure rises again it could be a problem with the expansion vessel or the plate heat-ex.

If the pressure doesn't rise but still leaks outside - replace PRV.

htg

donmac
Labourer
Labourer

by donmac » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:06 pm

[quote="htg engineer"]If it's leaking outside, check the system pressure - if above 3bar drop to 1.5 and make sure the combi fill is disconnected. If the pressure rises again it could be a problem with the expansion vessel or the plate heat-ex.

If the pressure doesn't rise but still leaks outside - replace PRV.

htg[/quote]Hi & thanks for the advice. I have never observed it to rise above 3 bar so the second option is the most likely. Thanks again.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1