Armoured Outdoor Cables - Question About Hollow Cables/Possible?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ansiman_44
Labourer
Labourer

Armoured Outdoor Cables - Question About Hollow Cables/Possible?

by Ansiman_44 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:19 am

Hi all -

I am installing a home CCTV system and trying out various cameras -

There will be a few PoE (Power over Ethernet) Cameras - possibly dome or Bullet near the guttering -

And 1 PTZ (Pan Tilt Zoom Camera ) at the front of the property -

I have researched this and have the drill and drill bits, weatherproof boxes, self amalgamating tape etc...

The PTZ camera will be wireless so there will be a thin wire going through the wall plugging into the camera via a waterproof gromit; I will be reinforcing the install with bushing and waterproof tape - However I would like to protect the cable - I am looking for an armoured cable that is hollow - I can't figure out how to find these or what to search for -

When I look on Ebay or screwfix it looks like the armoured cables already have wires inside - For the other Cat 5/6 RJ45 PoE cameras then an outdoor Armoured cable prebuilt would be okay - but I am looking for a hollow cable to house this thin power cable and protect it.

With Thanks

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Armoured Outdoor Cables - Question About Hollow Cables/Possible?

by Mr White » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 pm

You can not find the cable you are looking for as it does not exist.

If its just from inside to outside, try PVC conduit (But it will need a 20mm hole) for one cable I would say the cost is more than the gain.
You could even try a 15mm copper pipe.

I always think it is nice when people come back and say "Thanks"

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am