An upstairs ceiling has had water come in (from inadequate flashing around the chimney which is now fixed). We are worried as we don't know if this is likely to be releasing asbestos? The house was built in 1988 and the surveyor said he wasn't sure (we moved in just a few months ago.) I have contacted a plasterer who said he will come to cover it with plasterboard but it will be in a few week's time - is it a health hazard in the meantime? And does anyone have any tips as to how I can seal it off myself until the plasterer gets here? Many thanks
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!