Back Boiler Pump Location
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gor84
Labourer
Labourer

Back Boiler Pump Location

by Gor84 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:10 pm

I recently moved into a house and have done a bit of home improvements. But now the oil boiler is malfunctioning and we are switching to gas.

Long story short I need to find the pump for the back boiler. It never worked and only heated water and no radiators but there is a switch on the fireplace wall.

All wires run up from it. I lifted a bit of my NEW carpet in the room above and found the wires were disconnected. From what I can see there looks to be a join in the pipes about where the wires were cut and a small piece of timber on either rafter.

There are only two pipes running down to the fire place. Is it safe to assume that the pump has been taken out?

I cant lift the floor at the fire now but i did have a hoke around when we were putting the floor down there and dont think it is on one side of the fireplace. I didnt check the side where the pipes are not.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Back Boiler Pump Location

by htg engineer » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:16 pm

If there's no radiators, there's probably no pump. The water side will be a gravity setup.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1