Back Hearth problem?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
helenm
Labourer
Labourer

Back Hearth problem?

by helenm » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:48 am

Hi all,

I bought a new house recently with a full white stone fire surround. I have since had a gas fire fitted but the black slab under the fire (back hearth?) extends about 2 inches in front of the front of the fire (ie. it is clearly visible in front of the fire)

Obviously with a white stone fireplace and sliver gas fire the black slab looks very unsightly! Can it be easily removed and filled with the same stone as the fireplace? Why does it extend so far forward? Is it because they thought I may put a real fire in?

Any advice gratefully received!

helen

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:24 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm