Back to wall pan problem
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ajay1945
Labourer
Labourer

Back to wall pan problem

by ajay1945 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:36 pm

I've just fitted a btw pan and have a small leak from either the flush pipe or the flexi pan connector. I can't tell where the leak is coming from because of the difficulty in getting at the connections when the pan is in place. I fitted the pipes dry, should I have used a bit of silicone as a back up? If so, what is the best approach?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:10 am

If you remove the top front panel of the vanity unit you should be able to reach down and feel if the flush pipe is weeping. It is a favorite place for a leak to occur and the best way of solving it it with plenty of silicone.

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 am

Yes use silicone lube, drain water out, strip out & re make with lube. Prolly not pushed " home " enough

Regards

EyeTry
Tradesman
Tradesman

by EyeTry » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:21 pm

Don`t confuse the silicone lubricant (that allows one part to slide through the rubber grommet / seal / joint) with silicone sealant (mastic) that you can run around the joint.... . And don`t get them on the same place, they don`t work together.

BTW - Did you give the assembly a little "wiggle" to settle the two into alignment, ie.e. so they are not twisted or at a slight angle before fastening any screws or bolts. Good luck, EyeTry

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:02 am