Bad finish on bathroom wall - advice please!
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
annagowan
Labourer
Labourer

Bad finish on bathroom wall - advice please!

by annagowan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Hi all
I've just registered as I really need some advice. Our bathroom wall, where it isn't tiled, is a very bad looking white painted wall which was never finished well when plastered/skimmed originally. We've lived here for 6 years and I can stand it no more. We meant to get it skimmed but the plasterer let us down and since then haven't bothered getting anyone in - you know how it is. I'm worried that a plasterer will not want to do the job as it's a tiny bathroom and not much wall really. So, my question is, do you think it's something I can do myself. Of course, I'm no plasterer but perhaps there is a product on the market that will do the job; something I can put on and sand off when dry perhaps. I've heard of using Tetrion (?spelling). Might this work?
Love to hear from someone.
Thanks a lot and cheers :?:

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 pm

Depending on how bad it is, you might get away with using something like polycell smooth over. Its avaiable in most DIY places. I've only seen it on the telly though, never used it so I have no idea how good or bad it is.

tradesmendoitbetter
Labourer
Labourer

by tradesmendoitbetter » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:35 pm

hi, dependant on the size of wall i suggest "easy fill" it's very forgiving but use it as a filler rather than a skim coat as it is designed for sanding it leaves a smooth finish ready for painting once sanded. hope this helps

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:31 am