Bad Roof Repair After Replacing all Tiles?
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Othafa
Labourer
Labourer

Bad Roof Repair After Replacing all Tiles?

by Othafa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:09 pm

Hi I posted a message here yesterday but it hasn't appeared?

Anyway I have just had my tiles roof replaced and on inspecting the underside from the attic I see that there are lines of what look like 4 inch nails protruding through the OSB alongside most of the rafters. Looks like they have missed the rafters.

Tiles are on so cant check by looking up top. Even if theyve just blasted away with a nail gun and hit the rafters 2 times out of 3 what am I supposed to think about the 50 odd nails that missed?

Thanks for any advice.
Attachments
20190208_190414_1.jpg
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Bad Roof Repair After Replacing all Tiles?

by collectors » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 am

Unfortunately a catch 22. What did the roofer say & what guarantees has he given. The picture only shows a few in one area.

Othafa
Labourer
Labourer

by Othafa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi, thanks for responding, I haven't spoken to roofer yet, wanted some expert advice before confronting him.
He has previously said their relaid roofs come with a 15 year guarantee but I haven't seen anything concrete in writing.
He is coming back Monday to do some exterior work to finish the job and clear up but I wanted to know what people here think about the nails. I went up and surveyed the underside of the roof boards and counted 142 nails in total that are coming through the roof boards right next to the rafters.
Someone else told me they were probably from nailing in the counter battens but surely they should be nailed through the boards into the rafters as well?

Othafa
Labourer
Labourer

by Othafa » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Some more pics
Attachments
Beam9P.jpg
Beam3P apex.jpg
Beam7N.jpg
Beam7Papex.jpg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 pm