DIY Doctor

Bath tap Dripping for Months and Need Help

Postby jonifresh » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:33 am

Morning.

I have a dripping bath tap that's driving me insane. Fixed the odd tap before but it was simple, this one is challenging me.
Both hot and cold are quarter turn and the leak is from hot (left hand side). The hot tap turns further than it should do when shutting off, so maybe the tap is damaged hence why it's dripping.

I read it could be the headgear cartridge that needs replacing so I am willing to give this a go... however, after removing the handle It appears there is no grub screw inside to release the tap head to access the cartridge. There is no cap to pull off of the top either.

Thanks for any help.
jonifresh
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Dr. Strange » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 am

Go to plumbers merchants (possibly several) and take the cartridge with you. Also take the part of the tap which attaches to the top of the cartridge with you. If plumbers merchants can’t give you an identical cartridge you will have to buy a new tap.
Dr. Strange
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!