All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
petetheh
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Cold Tap Water and Very Low Supply

by petetheh » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Hi,

My first post here, but I hope someone might be able to give me some advice.

We have a cistern based water supply (tank in the loft). Hot water supply is fine everywhere. Cold water supply is fine everywhere, except the bathroom.

In the bathroom it just trickles out. We've lived here a while and it was always much better than this. Seems to have happened in last couple of months.

I've just changed the taps, cos I'd read that might be the issue. However, it's not made any difference.

Any ideas gratefully received.

DocMartin
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Bathroom Cold Tap Water and Very Low Supply

by DocMartin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:22 pm

So are you saying your cold supply is from a tank in the loft too?

Logically, if so and the tank is full of water, and you can see the exit of the cold water pipe in the tank is clear, then you have a blockage in the pipe from the tank to your bathroom. Something fell in the tank and is stuck in your cold water pipe to the bathroom. Wouldn't like to speculate what...

Not sure how you'd shift it either. If you could blow pressure back up the pipe maybe that would blow the blockage back into the tank. I can think of ways to blow pressurised gas back up through the bathroom cold pipe but I'll not suggest them here for fear of attracting criticism ;0)

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Bathroom Cold Tap Water and Very Low Supply

by collectors » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:14 pm

Ditto with doc martin,
Personally if you can't see an obvious a blockage i would drain the loft tank & find someway to run a hose off your kitchen or outside mains tap & connect to the slow bathroom tap & see if you can use the mains pressure to push the blockage back up the pipe into the loft tank, but make sure you have someone in the loft to see if anything comes out the pipe & also not filling the tank up to much.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:58 am