Bathroom earth bonding
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Bathroom earth bonding

by kbrownie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:27 am

HI,
all you intelligent people
Right! i'm a little confused, how can it be? with all the whoha about earthing earth bonding, cross bonding supplementry bonding Part p, special location, Zones etc.. (hope you get the picture). That I can buy Electric Showers, pumps, lighting etc.. and they are no earthing cables to terminate on them, I'm aware of doulbe insulated components. But to be honest I don't get it!
Call me an idiot but please explain!

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Hi, KB you knew this would get a response!!!!!
DBL ins. down lights YUP just fitted some, but not seen showers that are 'boxed-de- box' so to speak! don't see how they can be as element is in touch with H2O , all plastic booster pumps I guess poss. but never seen one myself.
Such a messy subject I will agree & hopefully 17th ed in july next will sort out, but not holding my breath.....latest draft says no cross/equi/suppli bonding in bathrooms & relies for the first time on all items being RCD protected....best buy good ones methinks!
regards for now to an ongoing debate...
SPARX

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:10 pm

Cheers for reply SPARX, It's just so frustrating that you get drilled in to you about earth bonding and equipotential bonding, and you can purchase electrical equipment that has no earth cables to terminate. May have over exagerate the point with examaples.
I'm aware that the regs are changing next year and hopefully they will be more understandable but I ain't hold my breath!
Cheers again SPARX

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Use polybutylene barrier pipes within the bathroom rather than copper and it ain't a problem.

Cheers

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:32 pm

Sorry I have been unclear - I was talking about supplementary bonding in my previous post not the equipment earths.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 pm