Bathroom extractor fan
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
charliewm
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bathroom extractor fan

by charliewm » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am

I have recently had an in-line fan fitted above my bathroom. This has stopped working after being installed approximately one month. It has been wired into the lighting circuit and has a timer. The lights are controlled by a dimmer switch and the loft where the fan is situated has just been insulated. Any ideas on what has caused this?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Bathroom extractor fan

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 am

[quote="charliewm"]I have recently had an in-line fan fitted above my bathroom. This has stopped working after being installed approximately one month. It has been wired into the lighting circuit and has a timer. The lights are controlled by a dimmer switch and the loft where the fan is situated has just been insulated. Any ideas on what has caused this?[/quote]

charliewm
the fan unit is not compatible with the dimmer because it is
affecting the voltage to the fan.
u need to get IN an elecrician because u might ave
affected the operation of the fan , or even damaged it
completely.
BLAKEY1963

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:39 am

I agree with Blakey I have not seen any fan suitable for use with dimming switches and with Bathrooms you are also controlled by Part P so I would also suggest you call in a spark who is registered under part P.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:17 pm