Bathroom extractor fans
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nailedit!
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bathroom extractor fans

by nailedit! » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:16 pm

Can anybody help please?
I need to get a fan fitted in the bathroom, but am confused about which might be the best for my needs.

I have an 8.5Kw electric shower fitted over the bath in a 2.1 x 2.3m (approx. 9cu. m) bathroom. With teenagers who do a lot of sport, it's used at least 4/5 times a day, often for long periods, and as the room is almost all tiled the condensation is horrendous.

There was a cheap old fan fitted in the ceiling when I moved in, but it doesn't do anything (it looks like it was meant to go through the external wall because the pull cord comes out of the side & hangs down).
It's not in a good position either, so I don't want to put a proper ceiling fan in.

I've looked on the net, and am pretty sure the solution is to put in a low voltage fan mounted above the shower, but can't fathom out which one would be most suitable.

I have an electrician who will fit it, but I thought Id get it myself, because cost is a BIG factor, and I want to make sure it does the job.

As far as I can see, my best bet would seem to be the XpelairLV100pc.

I'd appreciate any opinions/advice,
Thanks,
Sally

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:00 pm

Your sparky will recommend the right one for the job and frankly you might as well let him supply it as well - he can prolly get it cheaper than you in any event. I would suggest that you don't need a £ 100 fan if cost is an issue as long as its got a humidistat and a timer. I don't see the point of the PIR "bell/whistle" TBH.

Cheers

nailedit!
Apprentice
Apprentice

extractor fan

by nailedit! » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:53 pm

Thanks Rosebery, I'll talk to the electrician about it

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1