Bathroom Light and Extractor Fan No longer working.
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kaylanx
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Light and Extractor Fan No longer working.

by kaylanx » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:04 pm

Hello all,

I have a newish house (2 years old).

The switch outside the bathroom is a double switch, one button powers the extractor fan and one powers the light.

The other day I pressed them both on at the same time (something i often do), the light flashed for a fraction of a second then went off, and now neither the light nor the extractor fan are working.

I have checked the trip switches and none of them flicked to off, I have replaced the lightbulb as it sounded like it had blown, (it was making that ringing noise when you shake it gently). All to no avail. The rest of the lights upstairs are working fine. There is no fuse thing near by that I can see.

I was thinking of replacing the actual switch on the wall to see if that helps? Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Andy.

picturethis
Labourer
Labourer

by picturethis » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:01 pm

You bathroom light and extractor could well be fitted with an electronic transformer, as lighting and fans have to run off 12v or less in a bathroom. Take a look in your loft for a tranformer.

regards,
picturethis.

kaylanx
Labourer
Labourer

by kaylanx » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:15 pm

Weird, I changed the switch no effect.

I went rummaging in the loft looking for a transformer, couldn't see one, I just looked around and was moving the insulation to see, but I couldn't see anything.

Gave up came down from the loft......tried the switches again and they worked
:? :? :? :? :?

Does that mean I have a loose wire somewhere in the loft??? And if so do I need to do anything about it?

cheers

Andy

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:58 am