bathroom mirror on plasterboard wall
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ashna17mathur
Labourer
Labourer

bathroom mirror on plasterboard wall

by ashna17mathur » Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:11 am

I need to put a very heavy bathroom mirror on a platerboard wall. The mirror has 4 holes for screws. As suggest on your website, I am usingRedidrive plug (metal) for the screws, but I dont think these would be enough as the mirror is very heavy. Someone suggest to use adhesive behind the mirror. Will that work? I have bought EVO-STIK WET GRAB WATERPROOF adhesive. Is this the strongest? Please help. Thanks vm.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:46 am

We would be a bit surprised if the Redidrive didn't hold it as we have used them for microwaves and bookshelves for years but if you want to be sure who can blame you. The strongest of all construction adhesives is called Gripfil (see the adhesives used at home project) but the wet grab is also good stuff.

ashna17mathur
Labourer
Labourer

by ashna17mathur » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:59 pm

Thanks vm. I was concerned becoase it feels like my plaserborad wall is not very strong. when I screwed in the Redidrive screw was coming aprat. I have now put some adhesive around it. lets hope it works.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:01 pm