Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
osirisluxor
Labourer
Labourer

Bathroom Renovation and Overhead Shower Advice Needed

by osirisluxor » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Right need some advice on showers and plumbing in general
The background briefly is that have finally got round to renovating our bathroom and toilet bathroom currently has a bath and washbasin ( no shower ) bath is coming out and a shower going in ,
Wife wants a shower that has a head out of the ceiling and another head that will get to parts the ceiling one won't get to !
Have been looking on line at the various setup needed and my options regarding this type of a shower
It appears that i have a combination hot water cylinder ( hot water and cold water in same cylinder ) in a cupboard on the other side of the wall( same level) in another room from where i want to put the shower
I believe this is not suitable for the shower the wife wants , And i should have a cold water tank in the loft and a separate hot water tank

My questions are
Are my assumptions basically correct , i need a cold water tank in the loft , and how large in volume should it be
How high above the shower should this tank be
Is the hot water tank on the same level as the shower ok
How major a job is it to change my hot water system from what i have to what i need in both terms of time ,disruption to house ( extra pipes etc ) and money wise

Hopefully the above made some sense

I do realise that i could install a electric shower but i have yet to see one that has a two head system unless someone can supply a link to one

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Bathroom Renovation and Overhead Shower Advice Needed

by lets have a look » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:42 am

Yes you have to have a tank in the loft a minimum of 1 metre high but as high as possible, if you have good cold water mains pressure a 40 gallon tank will do but measure the hatch opening

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:59 am