Wonder if anyone can help. I moved intomy house about a year ago and in the bathroom the previous owner has installed a fan above the shower. When I pull the cord to turn the shower on the fan kicks in and you can here a noise a bit like a hairdryer. My question is should you feel anything from the vent as when I put my hand under it you dont feel anything and not sure if its actually working. Also there are a couple of area's on my ceiling are starting to get a bit of mould when I think is due to the condincation.
Some cheap fans are pretty useless at shifting air especially if the pipe run is long. Efficiency even with good fans will fall over a period of time when they begin to block up with fluff and lint. Hold a piece of newspaper in front and see if it sucked up against the grille.
On another point. Can the extractor be reached whilst in the shower? Either the chord or the fan itself? If so it may be illegal and dangerous if it is mains voltage. Google "bathroom zones" for more info.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!