bathroom wall anglr problem
General problems, solutions, information and advice on fixing to walls of all kinds

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Janie
Labourer
Labourer

bathroom wall anglr problem

by Janie » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Hello I have a big problem. We tiled our bathroom around the bath and now discover that the new bath is not in alignement with the wall. The angle has a gap of about 1cm and it's about 40cm in lenght . How can we fill in the gap and keep it watertight? I guess we should of tiled after but is there a solution?
Janie

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi Janie, ideally you fix your bath in before tiling even cutting in to the wall so you can slot the bath in. I would personally mark out around the edge of bath onto wall, then remove bath and cut in to wall to allow bath slot under tiles and silicon around edges. I'm guessing you may not want to do that?
10mm quite a bit to fill in one go, this is what i'd do;
Try filling this gap with silicon it will take a couple of goes and because it's 10mm look a bit untidy but you can buy bath trim that can be installed after tiling stick that over the silicon/gap just to tidy it up a bit.
Kind regards, best of luck.
KB

Janie
Labourer
Labourer

by Janie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:42 pm

Hi ,
Thanks I decided to go for it and hacked off the bottom row of tiles, made the channel in the wall and yes it fits in snug. I will cover with edging rather than silicone. It is all in the challenge I suppose and it wouldn't be funny if everything was perfect.
:lol:

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi again Janie, glad you've done the right thing and my advise usefull. But still silicon gap even though putting trim on, because water will find it's why through and better safe now than sorry later.
Good Luck
KB

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:49 am