Bauhaus HE Wonderfire Premier Mod 961
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sonofagun
Labourer
Labourer

Bauhaus HE Wonderfire Premier Mod 961

Post by sonofagun » Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:42 am

Hi,we had this fire fitted almost 3 years ago. It has been regularly serviced but lately it goes out. When it is set in the high position it's okay. When it's turned down it may be ok for awhile untill someone opens a door and then it will go out a few minutes later. I regularly vacuum behind the grate to stop a build up of dust. The burner and thermocouple look okay to me. No build up of sooty deposits. Would be most grateful to know what might be the cause when I call out the fitter.
Thank's in advance.

soulman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Bauhaus HE Wonderfire Premier Mod 961

Post by soulman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:32 pm

does the pilot look strong? could be something in the injector or fluff in the oxy pilot. There's a hole in the pilot assembly just down from the pilot flame, put the hoover around there. If there's fluff in there it will make the pilot pull away from the thermocouple. Maybe on full power there's enough residual heat to hold the thermocouple. If in doubt though get it service by a RGI.

sonofagun
Labourer
Labourer

Post by sonofagun » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:43 pm

Thanks for that Soulmate.I did exactly that a couple of weeks ago. Also removed all the coals and gave them a good clean outside. Been no trouble since,touch wood.Now working better than ever.Thanks again.

sonofagun
Labourer
Labourer

Post by sonofagun » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:48 pm

soulman wrote:does the pilot look strong? could be something in the injector or fluff in the oxy pilot. There's a hole in the pilot assembly just down from the pilot flame, put the hoover around there. If there's fluff in there it will make the pilot pull away from the thermocouple. Maybe on full power there's enough residual heat to hold the thermocouple. If in doubt though get it service by a RGI.

My opologies Soulman, I believe I called you Soulmate in my reply. No offence I hope. Sorry

soulman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by soulman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:08 am

lol none taken. Glad its all sorted :)

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:42 pm