BAXI BEMUDA 552 BACK BOILER
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
s2675827133
Labourer
Labourer

BAXI BEMUDA 552 BACK BOILER

Post by s2675827133 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 pm

HELP!
i had our Baxi Bemuda 552 back boiler seviced yesterday and it failed on the smokebomb flu test,it has been serviced every year for the past ten years plus.I understand the boiler is working fine but its the flu that is at fault as after the smoke test it was failed,before i go and spend money i dont have can this be fixed ?what is the cheapest way? The boiles is from about 1970 and has never let us down,i understand health and safety is important but surely if this is dangerous why was this not brought up before on all the other services.I am going to get a second opinion and have a second check on it,but has anyone got any idea to help resolve this before spending a huge amount of money on it,can the flume be replaced to improve the suction.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: BAXI BEMUDA 552 BACK BOILER

Post by htg engineer » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Unfortunately boilers, flue liners and brickwork in the chimney do deteriorate over time. So just because it's passed tests in the past, doesn't mean it would pass this time.

Have they identified the fault? is the flue liner split or damaged? is the cowl damaged? is ventilation adequate?

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:32 pm