Baxi Solo heating. Radiators upstairs fine downstairs cold.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
baldy1
Labourer
Labourer

Baxi Solo heating. Radiators upstairs fine downstairs cold.

by baldy1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:05 pm

I have a Baxi Solo RS or RS/SS central heating system fitted about 16 years ago i changed the pump about 3 years ago.
The radiators upstairs and 2 of the downstairs radiators were working fine and 2 downstairs were not. After a little fiddle with the non-working ones (opened the drain tap and the bottom tap) the were all working fine. Later on the same day i turned the central heating on again and all the downstairs radiators were not working, upstairs fine. any info welcome.

Thanks Gary.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:09 pm

Check and vent pump. Its possible the pump will run ok for abit then over heat. Or the impeller might be faulty.

Turn off upstairs radiators and see if downstairs push through.

Any work carried out lately, could they be airlocked ?

Whats the water like in the radiators, could there be a blockage, sludge etc ?

baldy1
Labourer
Labourer

by baldy1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Hi and thanks for the information.

further to the above information as suggested i turned off all the upstairs radiators and the downstairs radiators heated up no problem. i then turned on the upstairs radiators and all were working fine until i turned the heating off via the thermostat. The upstairs stayed on hot and the downstairs went off.

I then turned the radiators back on via the thermostat and the downstairs ones remained cold, whilst the upstairs remained hot.

I have tried to turn the heating system off via the control panel (on to water only) the radiators upstairs remained hot and downstairs still cold.

To turn the heating system off i have to turn off at the mains.

Thanks in advance

Gary

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:25 am