Beko Washing Machine Motor Starts at Full Speed
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ktpiech
Labourer
Labourer

Beko Washing Machine Motor Starts at Full Speed

by ktpiech » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi!

Hope somebody can help me. I have a 5 year old Beko wm74155lw washing machine. The motor starts at full speed rather than accelerating gradually. This causes violent shaking with any load. The machine figures out something's wrong and stops and then retries but same thing happens. This happens in all programs.

I took it apart and weights, springs, shock absorbers, wiring, drive belt, spider, bearing, pulley all look fine. No rust, no noise, no excess movement.

Motor shaft, wiring and brushes also look fine. Shaft spins silently.

Does this sound like some PCB/driver/controller fault?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,
Kam

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Beko Washing Machine Motor Starts at Full Speed

by Mr White » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:20 pm

Only a guess (for any one reading this at a later date)
The motor speed is regulated by a the main board. The motor has a "tacho" on it. This tacho tells the main board how fast the motor is actually turning. The tacho has a magnet in it, held in by a small bolt, if the bolt has come loose and the magnet has fallen off the main board has no idea how fast the motor is running so it runs at full speed. If the magnet is not on the the end of the motor (in the tacho) chances are it has stuck to the cabinet some where. (It is a magnet after all) Worst case is the magnet has broken, in which case, new magnet required.

ktpiech
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Beko Washing Machine Motor Starts at Full Speed

by ktpiech » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:40 am

Thanks for your responses.

Before I got any replies, I replaced the DC board and the tacho but the issue persisted. Everything was fine with the motor and the magnet at the end of the shaft (as far as I could tell). The issue must've been with the main PCB.

Considering new PCB was going for 40% of the price of a new washer, I ended up getting a new washing machine.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:35 pm