DIY Doctor

Belling Rangemaster repair after failing gas safety check

Postby LiamM » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:30 am

Hi all,

I have a Belling Rangemaster in a rental property that has just failed it's gas safety check, on the grounds of the missing and corroded ignitors. The gas safety engineer says the front has corroded through making it unsafe in the housing. I think he's referring to the ignitors here, as 2 have broken ceramics, but the remedy suggested was to replace the whole top. Or the whole range.

On brief inspection, it looks as though simply replacing the ignitors would solve the issue, but I'd like to get a second opinion as it seems crazy to need to replace the whole top, let alone the whole unit! Can someone here explain to me why this needs to be done, or at least point me in the right direction to find a professional that can offer a second opinion?

Thanks
LiamM
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!